If you are passionate about travelling and Hawaii has been on your bucket list, then here’s your chance to make that wish true with Southwest Airlines Flights. Make your reservations today with Southwest Airlines Reservations for some insane holiday offers.
Here Are List Of Interesting Facts About Honolulu You Should Know:
- Honolulu is the capital as well as the largest city in the US State of Hawaii located on the southeast coast of the island of O’ahu.
- Honolulu is considered as the gateway of Hawaii and is a major portal for the United States.
- Honolulu is one of the most important hubs for military bases, financial center, international business, host for Pacific cultures, traditions, and cuisines.
- The term Honolulu stands for-sheltered harbor or calm port in Hawaii. Initially, it was called Kou- a district sandwiched between Nu-uanu Avenue and Alakea Street which is at the heart of the present downtown district.
- In 2015 Honolulu topped the list as one of the most livable cities in the world and 3rd safest region in the United States.
- It is one of the densest regions of the Oceanian city outside Australasia.
- Honolulu experiences a tropical semi-arid type of climate where summers remain dry due to a rain shadow effect while winters are cold and dry.
- Some of the most visited attractions in Honolulu include Diamond Head, Hanauma Bay, Pearl Harbor, Pearl Harbor National Memorial, Bishop Museum, Waikiki Beach, Honolulu Zoo, Ala Moana Regional Park, etc.
- The first foreigner to sail into the Honolulu Harbor was Captain William Brown in 1794.
- The Bishop Museum in Honolulu has the largest collection of natural history in the world based on Hawaiian and Pacific cultures.