San Francisco is the 16th most populated city in the US and an important center for trade, commerce, finance, and tourism industry. San Francisco is the second most populated region along the San Francisco Bay area and is the 12th largest metropolitan city in the United States. Uncover more facts about this beautiful city before you land up there so that you are aware of what things you can expect and whatnot.
Make smarter travel choices and get a chance to cut down your travel expenses with Southwest Airlines Deals and offers. Discover some of the cheapest flight fares and many more.
Here are some Amazing Facts about San Francisco nobody will tell you:
- San Francisco has the highest GDP per capita and one of the liveliest cities in the US.
- San Francisco was originally founded on June 29, 1776, when the Presidio of San Francisco at the Golden Gate was established by the Spanish.
- The city underwent rapid growth with the California gold rush of 1849 making it the largest city on the West Coast during that time.
- During World War II, San Francisco served as an important port for embarkation for service to members shipping out to the Pacific Theatre.
- San Francisco was also the hub for liberal activism, in the United States owing to the significant immigration in the past, the hippie counterculture, the growing Peace Movement, the confluence of the returning servicemen, etc.
- San Francisco is considered as an ultimate summer getaway destination by the locals because of its cool summers, steep rolling hills, eclectic mix of art and architecture and incredible landmarks, Some of the most popular attractions in San Francisco are the Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown district, Fisherman’s Wharf, San Francisco Modern Museum of Art, etc.
Hope you have enjoyed reading this blog. If you are interested in reading more blogs on the different destination you can check out Southwest Airlines Official Site today. Hurry!!